Tuesday, November 29, 2011

CHRISTmas Countdown

I am on such a clipboard kick lately! I searched all over for a cute countdown that incorporated the true meaning of Christmas and I didn't quite find it, so I used the clipboard idea from eighteen25 and the countdown ideas from here and put them together!

Materials:
Clipboard
Ribbon
Adhesive
Round edge puncher
Paint
Laminator (optional)

After I painted the edges of the clipboard, I laminated and adhered my Christmas paper. Then I went and bought some Christmas ribbon by the yard (1/4 yard of each) and loosely tied them to the top. Next I cut all my numbers on my Cricut and glued them on my 5x7 white cardstock


Each number card is laminated and has a Christmas activity on the back that includes a scripture, hymn, and activity - these I printed and glued - And some I changed to make them more age appropriate

And because I want mine to really last, I laminated everything but you certainly don't have to. It's funny that this looks to simple, but is very time-consuming if you do it the same way I did! That's okay, it was worth it for how sturdy it is!

I think it turned out great! I love how neat and clean it looks! **Side note: I realize the activities might seem a little "dry" but are we incorporating them along side the more "fun and traditional" Christmas activities so we get both aspects of Christmas - I hope that came out right :) **

I'm linking up to these blogs this week!
The Girl Creative
Making


Keeping It Simple
BWS tips button
HOG

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Organize and Decorate Everything


lil luna link party button

No comments:

Post a Comment