Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Card Saver

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted anything on my poor little blog!
Well, I'm back now and I'm so excited about this little project. I'm sure a lot of you, like me, feel bad throwing out Christmas cards that your family and friends took the time to put together and send - but when you think about keeping them all it seems like a bit much (at least for me :) so here's a way to keep them organized and under control. I got the idea from eighteen25 but made a couple changes.


Materials:
cardboard box
scrapbook paper
printout of "Christmas Cards"
glue
book rings (mine are 1.5 inch)
hole punch
distressing ink (optional)

1. Cut two cardboard pieces so they're a little larger than your biggest card (we got some BIG ones this year :)
2. Cover the front with scrapbook paper and add your label (distress if you want)
3. Punch 2 or 3 holes in your cardboard and cards and slide them into your book rings

And you're done! This is what it'll look like on the inside:

As you can see, it's not super pretty on the inside (which is fine with me) but if you want it to be cute all around, you can cover all your cardboard flaps with scrapbook paper. So now I have a cute organized way to keep all the lovely cards we get! I love this so much I am going to make one for each person in my family for other cards we receive throughout the year - I'll post those too :)

I'm linking up to these great blogs this week!
The Girl Creative
Making


BWS tips button
HOG

Tip Junkie handmade projects



Organize and Decorate Everything


lil luna link party button



2 comments:

  1. Shhhh . . . don't tell anyone but I threw out most of mine except the hand made ones BECAUSE I didn't have this great idea before! Next year :) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret is safe with me! Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you found something useful on my little blog!

    ReplyDelete