Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chalkboard Desk

Hello all! Sorry it's been a while since my last post! I have a few other posts lined up so I'll be back more regularly :) On to the desk ... As you know, I homeschool so we have a very large desk for school. It is nice and short for my little ones and it is one of my best thrift finds ever because I picked it up 2 years ago for $15! Anyway, one of our all time favorite shows is Charlie and Lola (seriously I can watch it when my kids aren't even around :) and there's a cute episode called "My Little Town" where they get a big poster board type thing to draw and build their own little town together. Every time I see that episode I think "Wow, I wish my kids had something like that but reusable". And then I saw this great post over at Blissful and Domestic and I knew what needed to be done! Right at first I wasn't sure if I should get a coffee table and put chalkboard paint or just use the desk - but I decided the desk could double as a school tool (but that's for another post :)
So here it is! I set it up cute for a nice "ta da!" unveiling for my kids :) Let me tell you - THEY. LOVE. IT. They wasted no time drawing and building their own town! So here's the breakdown:

Materials: Desk or coffee table
Chalkboard paint or spraypaint (I'm no good with spraypaint so we used paint)
Paint roller
Chalk (blocks, cars, etc)

 Just roll or spray paint your surface and let it dry overnight! A BIG thanks to my husband who rolled the paint on and to my friend Lucy for graciously letting me use her paint :)

 I'm linking up to all the usual fabulous parties!

3 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love that you used a desk;)
    Thanks for the shoutiut too!

    Danielle at Blissful and Domestic
    Www.blissfulanddomestic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for visiting my little blog :)

      Delete
  2. hello Chris! I'm so sorry, I just barely saw your lovely comment - thank you so much! I'm glad to have you join my little blog :) I'm hopping over to visit your blog right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete